Adventure buffs can enjoy the various activities at North Bay. Few popular activities are listed below:
Swimsuits and oxygen gas cylinders are provided by the vendor along with a guide. Though, as per the government guideline, a trained guide must accompany one diver, yet a group generally consists of one guide and a couple of people.
Dolphin Boat Ride is mostly marketed as the best Russian ride. Its Adventures are formulated so well that you wouldn’t even want to miss the experience. This High-speed Dolphin Boat has a magnifying glass at the bottom to show the living creature of the sea. It would be fair to call the Dolphin boat a very high-speed glass-bottom boat. However, the premium charged for the speed is quite heavy, therefore, a traveler has to dig the pocket deeper to experience the unworthy ride.
Semi Submarine Ride is another glass-bottom boat ride. In the boat, magnifying glasses are glued on the sides rather than the bottom. Half the boat is submerged into the water and you are taken to the AC cabins. The marine life does not change but just the price and manner of watching the aquatic life changes.
Glass Bottom Boat Ride is commonly for people who are either scared (like me), or old, or carrying kids, or too lazy to change the wet clothes. The boat’s bottom is replaced with a huge magnifying glass that can peep into the ocean to 20-25 feet on a sunny day. Barring all the reasons for not trying at-least Snorkeling, Glass Bottom boat ride is worth the money you spent on it.
Please note that water sport activities like swimming, snorkeling, Scuba, Glass Bottom Ride, Sea Walk remains closed on Wednesday.
Long gone the days, the tsunami, which hit the archipelago the most, had not spared anything. The Corals, which were even sensitive to human touch, could not sustain the powerful waves and strong wind. Corals, which were alive, vanished untimely and left the black or grey patch on big boulders.
Though the period has faded, yet the past is still alive with the locals and especially the travel agents. However, People sell North Bay Island as the best coral island.
I do not recommend North Bay Island to my co-travelers, there are few reasons to skip it from four and five night’s itineraries.
- Other than water sports activities, North Bay Island offers nothing. During the entire 3-4 hours, you would be sitting at the beach and staring at the others.
- If water sports do not interest you, you have wasted the day. Because even after returning to Port Blair, there is nothing else to do.
- There are only a few restaurants available on the island which are not hygienic. So an empty stomach can increase your frustration.
- Shops are also rear at North Bay, so you cannot even spend time in Shopping.
- The government suspends or cancels the Boats to North Bay and Ross Island even if there is a small disturbance in the water. So slight weather change can derail your day. However, travel agents try to compensate for the lost day with the visit to the Chiriya tapu, but the first half of the day is still spoiled.
- If you have a keen interest in Dolphin Boat and Semi-submarine rides, North Bay is a must-visit place for you. Otherwise, Scuba at North Bay is like taking a dip in the Ganges during Kumbh. Many travelers want to enjoy scuba at North Bay so it’s the most common water sport at the island and, thus, it is over-crowded.
- Havelock and Neil offer great places for Scuba. Also, Neil Island offers the best Glass Bottom Boat Ride Experience. Besides missing Snorkeling at Elephant Beach is a crime.
I know that it is difficult to trust me, ie another travel agent. When thousands of people are visiting the island every day, then why I am advocating against it.
Marketing has been the main pillar behind such unprecedented demand for North Bay. It has been marketed so well that it is extremely difficult to remove it from the itinerary.
The island receives such unflinching support from Islanders because it creates earning opportunities for Port Blair locals. Tour Agent, boat operator, and water sports vendor all share the part of the cherry ie commission. All the activities at North Bay are highly commissionable, and it is virtually unlikely that a person will sit for three hours at the shoreline. You will at least be tempted to enjoy the lowest cost activity in those three lonely hours. That’s the reason, North Bay Island is promoted quite well.
I recommend you to visit North Bay Island only if you have more than 5 nights. However, if you are traveling for 4 Nights or 5 nights, it is a crime to include North Bay in your itinerary.
Please note that you must cover North Bay Island before heading to Havelock or Neil Island.
If you have any queries and questions about the sight, please add a comment. We would answer you as soon as possible. If you are planning to travel to Andaman, Kerala, Rajasthan, Ladakh, Kashmir, Jain Tirth Yatra, Meghalaya, Sikkim, and any other place, give LazYatra a chance to plan it for you. You can call me at +91-9540-611-889 or +91-9911-61-5555 or mail us email@example.com